You get to experience the chill and warmth of this dish with every bite. It’s like coming in from the cold and snuggling under your favorite blanket. This salad is great as a meal by itself or either paired as a side dish at your next winter holiday meal! This filling salad will encourage even the pickiest of tiny eaters to eat their veggies with it’s tangy-sweet and savory taste. Let us know what you think!
Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients
- 6 oz fresh raspberries (washed)
- 4 TBS olive oil
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of honey
- Fine mesh strainer
- 10 ounces Spring Mix-rinsed and dried
- 1 Quart Strawberries-cleaned and sliced
- ½ Quart Blueberries-cleaned
- ½ Green Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper thinly sliced 4 cups of chicken tenderloins (cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces)
Instructions for the Raspberry Vinaigrette
- First, begin by preparing the dressing at least 30 minutes ahead of time by straining raspberries into a small bowl. This will yield about ½ a cup of raspberry puree. It’s ok if a few seeds come through.
- Next, Whisk in olive oil, red wine, salt, and honey.
- Taste and add more honey to sweeten more if needed.
- Finally, pour into a bottle or pourable container.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Instructions for Salad
- Start by Sauteeing bell peppers for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- On a separate side of the skillet, warm the cooked chicken.
- While bell peppers are heating, Combine spring mix, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Next, add in cooked bell peppers, and the heated chicken.
- Evenly mix contents in bowl.
- Add desired amount of raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
- Serve immediately.